|Tune in on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 9:00 PM ET/PT on the CBS Television Network to watch superstars pay tribute to today’s most incredible female country music performers in Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country – The Concert of the Year, honoring The Judds, Miranda Lambert, Loretta Lynn, Martina McBride, Jennifer Nettles, Reba and Carrie Underwood. The special tribute features performances by Jason Aldean, The Band Perry, Ronnie Dunn, Sara Evans, John Fogerty, Vince Gill, the JaneDear girls, The Judds, Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town, Martina McBride, Jennifer Nettles, Pistol Annies (featuring Miranda Lambert, Ashley Monroe and Angaleena Presley), Rascal Flatts, Reba, Blake Shelton and Carrie Underwood. Ticket proceeds from the live event went to ACM Lifting Lives®.
During the tribute concert special, honorees were recognized for a unique accolade, including:
* The Judds - Recognized for being the ACM’s most award-winning female duo having won Vocal Duo of the Year seven years in a row, 1984 – 1990 and Song of the Year in 1984 for “Why Not Me.”
* Miranda Lambert – Recognized for being the only female artist in the Academy’s history to ever win Album of the Year, twice, first for Crazy Ex-Girlfriend in 2007 and again for Revolution in 2009.
* Loretta Lynn – Recognized for her amazing 50-year career as a leading female artist in country music, which includes being the only female artist to win Artist of the Decade, Entertainer of the Year and Female Vocalist of the Year.
* Martina McBride – Recognized by ACM Lifting Lives for her dedication to raising social consciousness of domestic violence and encouraging female empowerment through her music. She is a three-time Female Vocalist and was also awarded the ACM Humanitarian Award in 2004 for her charitable work.
* Jennifer Nettles – Recognized for being one of only two female artists in the Academy's history to ever perform and solo write the winning Song of the Year, in 2007, with "Stay."
* Reba – Recognized for winning Female Vocalist more times than any other artist in the Academy’s history – a whopping seven times.
* Carrie Underwood – Recognized for being the only female artist in the Academy’s history to ever win Entertainer of the Year, twice, first in 2008 and again in 2009. Underwood has won Female Vocalist three times and has won a total of ten ACM Awards.
Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country - The Concert of the Year
The Academy of Country Music’s Girls’ Night Out: Superstar Women of Country - The Concert of the Year is dedicated to honoring today’s most incredible female country music performers: The Judds, Miranda Lambert, Loretta Lynn, Martina McBride, Jennifer Nettles, Reba and Carrie Underwood. The show was produced for television by dick clark productions and taped at the MGM Grand Garden Arena to air on Friday, April 22, 2011 at 9:00 PM, ET/PT on the CBS Television Network. Orly Adelson and R.A. Clark are executive producers. Barry Adelman is producer, and Bob Bardo is the executive in charge of production. Bob Romeo is executive producer for the Academy of Country Music. Ticket sales from the special benefitted ACM Lifting Lives®. For more information, please visit www.acmcountry.com or www.liftinglives.org.
*Video Preview Clips to Come on NCC!